Download/View the Student Handbook:
Brookswood Secondary strongly believes in a positive school culture; therefore, it is important that each and every student understand what is expected of them during their time as a student. The Student Handbook offers information on school organization, general information, student responsibilities, student services, student awards, and other pertinent information.
The “Do” List of Brookswood (as written by a graduate)
- Do combat the forces of boredom (i.e. get involved!)
- Do use the garbage cans! (And no, the ground is not a garbage can–no matter how hard it tries to deceive you.)
- Do have respect for the school, for others and for yourself (and remember teachers are people too.)
- Do get fully dressed in the morning (despite popular myth, no one wants to see your underwear.)
- Do refrain from smoking on school grounds, no matter how much you want to get lung cancer.
- Do attend school. It’s actually a legal requirement–not even joking.
- Do remember it’s high school, not grade one. This is the big leagues now.
- Do be kind.
- Do try. It makes your time here a heck of a lot easier.
– Aubrie, Zoé, Kristen, Mackenzie (Brookswood Graduates 2005)