August 24, 2017
Please check twitter @sd35brookswood and the website for updates and news.
This year we are moving to an on-line locker system. Grade 8 students will be assigned lockers in their homeroom on Tuesday, September 5. BSS students in grade 9-12 will be able to choose their locker online according to the following schedule:
- Grade 12 – Tuesday, August 29 @ 8am
- Grade 11 – Wednesday, August 30 @ 8am
- Grade 10 – Thursday, August 31 @ 8am
- Grade 9 – Friday, September 1 @ 8am
To access the online system:
- Go to bss.lockerassignment.com
- Login using your student number as the user ID and your birthdate as the password, in “YYYYMMDD” format
- Select a zone of the school in which you would like to have a locker. Note that as the lockers in a zone are taken, the zone buttons will change from Yellow (many lockers available), to Orange (over 50% of lockers have capacity assigned) to Red (no lockers available in zone)
- When a zone is selected the available lockers will be listed. A locker entry that is Green is an empty locker, and a locker entry that is Orange is unavailable
- Once you have selected a locker you will be shown the locker combination
- Once you have selected a locker, you will be unable to change your locker through the online system. You will need to come to the school and meet with Mr. Pue
- After selecting a locker, you can login at any time to see your assigned locker and combination. It will take you directly to the final screen with your locker number and combination.
Student schedules will be available starting next week on MyEDBC. Students can login using their username and password to see their schedule. This schedule is NOT FINAL and we will have printed final copies available on Wednesday Sept 6.
Students who see issues with their schedules next week are asked to make an appointment with counselling.
Appointments will be based on priority similar to this:
- Wednesday Aug 30th in the PM – Grade 12s with incomplete timetables.
- Thursday Aug 31 – 11/12s with incomplete timetables.
- Friday Sept 1 – 8/9/10s with incomplete timetables.
- Grade 11/12s looking for an additional study block – this will not be considered until later in September and will be done via an application to admin.
Tuesday September 5 – is for ALL grade 8s and new students. More details to come next week.
Wednesday September 6 – is a regular day 1. The day will start with an 8:25am warning bell and students will proceed to their block A class for homeroom.
Block A – 8:30-10:25 (includes homeroom and Flex)
Block B – 10:30-11:40
LUNCH – 11:40-12:20
Block C – 12:25-1:35
Block D – 1:40-2:48
Thursday Sept 7, Friday Sept 8, Monday Sept 11 will start with a short homeroom and then students will proceed to their first block class.
Brookswood will once again be using FlexTime to allow students to get caught up, seek extra help and pursue other learning opportunities. For most of September students will be held in their first block class for Flex lessons to help students make smart educational choices. More details will be given to students in their homeroom. Students who have a study block in block A are asked to see the office for details of changes for Flex this year.